- 1/2 cup Greek Style Yoghurt
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3cm piece ginger, peeled, finely grated
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/4 teaspoon chilli powder
- 600g chicken breast fillets, trimmed, cut into 3cm pieces
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 20g butter
- 1 brown onion, halved, thickly sliced
- 410g can tomato puree
- 1/2 cup liquid chicken stock
- 1/2 cup thickened cream
- Basmati rice and coriander leaves, to serve
- Place yoghurt, garlic, ginger, cumin, coriander, garam masala and chilli powder in a glass or ceramic dish. Add chicken. Stir to coat. Cover. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Heat oil and butter in a heavy-based saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 to 4 minutes or until softened. Add chicken mixture to pan. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until chicken just starts to change colour. Add tomato puree and stock. Cover. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until chicken is tender and mixture has thickened slightly.
- Stir in cream. Simmer for a further 5 minutes or until heated through. Serve with steamed rice and coriander leaves.